6 Ways to Boost Your Email Campaigns
The main goals of any email campaign is to get as many people to open and read your emails as possible. You want every single click-through to matter and each action to produce a direct result. Ultimately, you want to use your emails to transmit your messages and help build your customer relationship status.
It’s time to get the most out of your email campaigns! These 6 sure-fire tips will help you manage and retain your Salesforce list of qualified leads.
1) Writing Killer Subject Headlines - You could have the greatest product in the world, the greatest story to go along and a score of satisfied customer testimonials, but your leads will not bother opening your email without a killer subject. You can also avoid the dreaded spam filter by keeping the email subject line convincing and engaging. Try to address the emails personally to the recipient’s name as well. Keep the messages direct to the point and add a sense of urgency. Here are a few good examples of a compelling subject:
Offer Them Value:
“Make Smarter Marketing Decisions: Download Our Free Smart Marketing E-Book Today!”
Engage with a Question:
“Do You Need Personalized Salesforce Consulting Services?”
Create a Sense of Urgency:
“Only 24 Hours Left to Sign Up for Our Free Pardot Webinar”
Use Numbers or Lists:
“21 Free Online Tools Every Marketer Should Use”
"Complete Social Media Marketing Checklist"
2) Use Incentives - People are more geared and motivated to perform an action if there is some kind of incentive involved. Offer your audience valuable incentives; such as a free e-book download, a free webinar sign up or a 10% discount on your services. Create a sense of urgency if you really want to get their attention. Let them know that they have just 24 hours to register for your free webinar or that the 10% discount is valid only for 1 week. Make sure you follow up on each lead with a personalized Thank You email as well, which you can send through Pardot.
3) Sharing is Caring - Social media sharing buttons are very powerful. Just how powerful, you ask? Emails that include social sharing buttons have a 158% higher click-through rate than those that don't. You are now able to deliver your messages to a much larger network and bring in new leads. You can even do it for free and here's how. You’re also able to increase sales through more referrals. You might want to choose which social sharing buttons to use for your campaign and modify as needed. But the general rule is to include Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and email. Make the share buttons large enough so that people can see them easier and take action.
4) Make it Mobile Friendly - 64% of decision-makers read their email via mobile devices, according to TopRankBlog. That should be more than enough reason to convince you to have a mobile friendly design! Make sure you test every single email out before clicking the send button. What might appear to look flawless on a desktop can look totally different on a mobile device. You don’t want your prospects to strain their eyes either, so pay close attention to font size, color and image dimensions. Play around with various options and see how it looks before you make your final decisions.
5) A/B & Multivariate Testing - A/B Testing allows you to test two versions of a single campaign and see which small changes are having a major impact on your results. You can keep things simple by testing out different headline subjects. You might think you found the perfect headline subject, but your emails are not getting delivered. You might want to create a few separate headlines or send the emails out at a specific time. You should constantly A/B test and make your adjustments accordingly. Multivariate testing is a bit more complex since it involves testing numerous areas all at once. Nonetheless, you should be testing each email campaign as often as possible to get the best results.
6) Measure Results Through Analytics - Are your emails getting opened? MailChimp offers Campaign Reports, which gives you invaluable stats, such as the number of recipients, the click rate, open rate, bounce rate and successful deliveries. You’ll get a more generalized idea about the broader picture through the report Overview. These metrics are all crucial to your email campaign success. Once you see the metrics, you will then be able to get a better understanding of your audience. And that translates into a more laser-focused email marketing strategy you can bank on.
Always have a clear defined plan before sending out the first email and make every call to action as clear as possible. Let your subscribers know what to do after they clicked on a particular call to action. If your goal is to provide Salesforce consulting services, like we offer here, then your best course of action would be to have them submit a contact form. And don’t forget to follow up. Contact the lead within a 24-hour window at most, otherwise, that warm lead turns stone cold right away. Give these suggestions a try and let us know if they worked for you.